Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Finally Finished...

Ya know a while ago when I made that pillow for my bed? Well, I have been slowly re-doing a lamp to match it and kind of bring things together a little. Well, I finally almost finished it! I am posting pics now because I am excited-I need to do another coat of paint though and touch up some spots. Here are the pillow and the lamps-with a before and after...



Before...UGLY!


After...I think I like it-what do you think?


And it goes with this...



Just a little note...if you cover a lamp shade, make sure it is a solid colored shade-not patterned like mine. Why? Well, when you turn the light on the pattern will still shine through-NOT PRETTY. :) I figured no-one else but Mike and I will see it on so it doesn't matter much. Just a bit of advice.


I got a tutorial from "fat orange cat"  for the lamp shade. It worked really well. I then got a glossed brown spray paint and did the stand. I taped the cord so it wasn't affected and then taped the top to prevent the paint from getting in there. Overall, pretty easy! Now go on and try it! Oh, and I used mod-podge on the shade-attatched the fabric and did another coat over it. NOW go and try it!
                                                              

                                                                




8 comments:

Kellie said...

I think it looks great. How did you cover the shade?

Mandy Beyeler said...

You forgot to mention that it also matches your flower hairbow :)

You should stop by my craft blog next week and put this on my link-up so you can show off its fabulousness to the world

Build It,Sew It,Love It said...

Great Job on the lamp! Love it!

kelie said...

A-DORABLE! I'm going to start hitting some garage sales and it's good to have some inspiration in mind! Thanks. :)

Unknown said...

I think you could paint it white and then cover it-- I know you could paint the inside gold and that might be interesting...

Natalie said...

WAY CUTE!!!

Steph said...

OMW! SUPER cute! YOU go, GIrl!

Debbie Lunt said...

Shan,
That lamp shade - matching the pillow is so cute. You did a great job. I'm proud of you.
MOM