Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thoughts


My mind has been busy lately thinking about things, lots of things. Today, right now and a bunch of other times as well, it has been on my children. This moment it happens to be about this crazy little girl. My heart and eyes are full of emotion as I think about her progression, even in the last little bit, but throughout her life. The past few weeks I thought that things were worse than they had ever been with her-she was gearing up to be 3 and it was pretty rough there for a while. I was getting nervous about what this year of 3 would bring. Her birthday it hit it's climax and I cried that day-it was supposed to be a great day, we tried really hard but...when you are 3-you are 3! :) Well, oddly enough, ever since then it has been great and a lot of fun! Her 3 yr check-up was yesterday and as the Dr. asked questions about her progression it allowed me reflection time and...WOW, it is amazing what these little tiny children accomplish in such a short time! I watched her paint and draw yesterday and it was awesome to see her creating faces and people. She has so much love in her and I love hearing her tell Patrick she loves him! She has also started singing to him at this nap time! She sits in the rocking chair and belts out "I Am A Child of God" and "Teach Me To Walk In The Light" I know that she knows she is a child of God and that is probably the most amazing thing about her, to me, she gets it; thank you Maddie for teaching me what I have tried to teach you! I love you sweet angel girl!

4 comments:

kelleen said...

what a sweet thought for your darling little girl!

Carrie said...

Ahhh, We think Maddie is the sweetest thing too and she does have a lot of love in her heart. She is a special little angel. Love the pictures of you two on the older post, you twins! SO CUTE!

Colton Anne said...

It's amazing what automatic love siblings have for each other! Your kids learn all this from you guys as you are great examples to them!

Jones Family said...

Great children come from great parents!