Monday, March 16, 2009

Does it get any better?

Last night, after I was done singing to Maddie at bedtime, I gave her kisses, told her I loved her and a couple of other routine things I say. I then went to turn on her music and right before I turned to do so, she looked up at me and says, "I love you Mommy." Oh, my heart literally melted! She hasn't ever just said it on her own, it is usually prompted! I went down stairs and tears were all up in my eyes and Mike, I think, thought I was so weird! :) He would do the same thing though! :) It was a moment where nothing mattered but that and made me feel like I was doing something right as a mother. I love that little girl so much, she teaches me more than I ever thought I could learn in such a short time and makes me feel so deeply! What a wonderful blessing children are.

2 comments:

kelie said...

I don't think you're crazy Shan! Sometimes Brooke will toddle over to me and just randomly give me a kiss and hug and say, "my mommy!" and then run off playing again. Nothing like moments like those!

Jamison Family said...

It makes it all worth it doesn't it! Hiram will say to me, "You know something? Mama you the best Mama in the whole world!" I don't know about that however I do know I have the best Hiram in the whole world!