Saturday, April 18, 2009

FLY AWAY HOME, JUST NOT IN MY HOME!


Seriously, some of the things that happen to us!!!! So, yesterday was a BEAUTIFUL day and the kids and I had gone to the park for quite some time. They were all tuckered out and fell asleep in the car, so when we got home I went and opened the door first so I could get them in with no hassle. I get Maddie first and we are going up the stairs when a bird flies right in front of my face and into the house!!! That's right, a bird flew into my house!!!! This bird pictured above to be exact! Anyone who knows me knows I have a tendency to wig out-just a bit-and this I did! I called Mike and as soon as I said bird in house Maddie pops up and starts repeating it...over and over! It proceeds to go from the living room up the stairs to the kids rooms!! Why do they have to be some dumb, the door was closer and easier! Anyway, everyone I spoke with kept telling me to go up and close the doors and open the window so it would fly out...aka be in the room with the bird-NO WAY!!! So, my wonderful, amazing, most kind and gracious-best ever husband came home from work early and saved us all! I LOVE YOU BABY! He was laughing hysterically to find us sitting on the front porch instead of inside...again, NO WAY! I will tell you this though, went he was in that room (Patrick's room) with that bird it sounded like he was wrestling with something really big! He finally gave up on trying to actually catch the thing and got it out the window, however, he thinks he hurt it in the process of the catching effort because, obviously, I was able to get a picture of it on the ground-it wasn't flying but hopping around just a bit. SORRY BIRD...but only a little b/c YOU chose to come in MY house-I did NOT invite you!

Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Jones Family said...

That is SO crazy! I probably would have done the same thing. Glad you were rescued by your husband! :) I'm sad we missed the park. Let us know when you go again.

Aaron J said...

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

kelie said...

I've had my issues with birds. They're on my bad list, which means: kill on contact. No mercy baby!

Build It,Sew It,Love It said...

Good thing you got him out, I hear they don't make the best pets. LOL!! Such a funny story.

Unknown said...

Move on out-- we don't allow this in Liberty!! But Kearney does allow birds in the car...

Kristal said...

This is too funny!

Carrie said...

THAT IS CRAZY SHANNON! EWWW I'd be so scared of that thing was in my house too. YEAH for Mike being your Night and Shining Armor! It is funny imagining you "freaking out" :)

Steve said...

Really? A bird? Okay, so there might be some poop to clean up. But a bird? Maybe it's different because I love watching animal planet, but I think you overreacted :)

Oh well. Next time, catch it and put it in a box and mail it to me- I always wanted a pet.

Mike, way to be the hero. Now you have an awesome story to tell.

By the way, how much worse would it have been if a bat was in your house?

Colton Anne said...

That cracks me up and only makes me think of our incident we had a couple of months ago with a bird in our house too...the girls were not the only ones who went nuts...Nick and I both went nuts and it took us about 30 min at least to get it to go out through the garage in the basement, but we had a sheet out to catch it and all the doors to the ouside open and it still took us that long...they are pretty dumb if you ask me when they get in situations like that! I'm glad you got it out!

Blake and Audra said...

oh I was totally laughing! Although sad...this story was very well told. I could not imagine having a bird in my house. Talk about freak out a bit!! WHOA