Monday, May 18, 2009

My Cute Mechanics...

Well, Friday, the kids and I went to Walmart for a few necessities and came out to a car that wouldn't start. The starter went ca-put. Mike came and got us and took us home and after work went for the car, which started and got him home, then wouldn't start again. He went to work on it on Saturday. Our car is old (97) and they no longer sell that starter anymore and they told Mike how make this new one work. Well, that didn't work but he "jimmy-rigged" it and finally it is working. Maddie spent almost as much time out there "helping" him as he did fixing it. She was not a happy camper when she had to come in for lunch and a nap. Here are my cute mechanics! P.S. We are buying a van and get it in 2 weeks-no more worries with this car! YEA!

5 comments:

kelleen said...

Sorry to hear about your car, but hooray for the van--you will never believe you lived without one, it will make your life sooo much easier--I am so excited for you! If you need for the next two weeks though, let me know :)

Jones Family said...

You will be a little soccer mom now! :) It's good to have you back even though I haven't seen you yet. Great job on your dress! I am jealous of you seamstresses. I'm not sure I have the patience!

Kristal said...

Ross and I are trying to decide between a Honda Pilot and a Honda Odyssey. I always wanted to SUV and I said I would never drive a van but I'm leaning more towards the van these days.

Jamison Family said...

OK - 97 is NOT old! I drove my 91 Honda Civic from 00 to 07. We looked for our next car for 3 years. We knew what we wanted and when we finally found it we bought it that day (01 Dodge Durango). It is nice to have more room but I miss the 28 mpg of the Honda!

Emily Green said...

I'm so jealous you are buying a van! We just got a camry. It my not have the wonderful space of a van, but it does hold 3 car seats (just in case we have a new addition before Jordan graduates in 2 years). I'll get my van in a few years. sigh...