Monday, May 18, 2009

My Sweet Husband!

So, Saturday my fabulous husband went out to our community yard sale to try and find us a lawn mower because our grass cutter just isn't "cutting" it! He ended up finding a double jogger and bought it for me! He has been so supportive of my exercising and running and I am so grateful for him! He knows it has been difficult for me to find time to run because of the kids but now I can run with them! I'll tell you though, it is tough!! I ran 2 miles on Saturday by myself and then I went with the kids this morning and could only run 1/2 a mile! Maybe it was because I was tired but STILL! But, I will get better and I am so grateful for my jogger!

6 comments:

Andrew and Nicki Drysdale said...

So fun! Go Shannon!

Roberta said...

Definately not because of your lack of energy! When Jimmy and I run, he pushes the stroller, and he gets tired going my pace and distance (which is slow and short)...it must be hard pushing that thing!! You're amazing pushing it yourself!!! It does help when you can take your children along when exercising!

I'm loving your updates since you've been back! Cute dress and yay for a van...guess that just means you can have more children sooner!

Build It,Sew It,Love It said...

That is one smooth ride! The stroller is awesome! Running is the best. I think when you push them even though you dont go as far-its twice the workout for sure :)

Colton Anne said...

Brave! I hate jogging with just one kid and thus have not purchased a two seater jogger and our one seater collects dust in our basement...I'd rather blare the music in my own ears and go by myself, but that means Daddy has to be home, which can be tricky! Go you!

Jamison Family said...

Good for you! I just ran my first 5K since I had Bailey. Hiram and Olivia where in our double jogging stroller and Bailey was in the sling. I ran at a friend's house (she is 9 months pregnant!) I couldn't let her beat me.

Megan and Jeff said...

What a great find! It's definitely a work-out running with the kids. I've tried putting Sadie in the front pack and pushing the jogger a few times - wow - what a work out, even at a walk! Happy running!