Thursday, October 8, 2009

It's that time of year...

I can't believe the cooler weather has hit and the holidays are just around the corner! With that being said, this means it is time for MIkey to grow his beard!!! AHHHHH! We are part of something called the "Miracle of Christmas" out here. The Zoo puts it on each year, the nativity that is, and we were asked last year-for a 2 year time period-to be Mary and Joseph so with that came Mikey growing facial hair...ugh. I think he looks very handsome with it I just don't like the way it feels. Anyway, he started early this year so he could get it nice and full. We can't believe it is so close already but we are excited and looking forward to it-it really is such a spiritual experience. Patchy got to be Baby Jesus last year since he was so small but we'll see whose baby or what baby doll we get this year! :) Here's some pics from last year-I don't have any of our walking pictures cause they weren't really flattering and they stuffed me to look pregnant (I was enormous!) but here you go!

5 comments:

Kristal said...

I love those pictures! How awesome it is that you get to participate in something like that. The last picture is my favorite. It looks so peaceful, looks just like a painting.

Andrew and Nicki Drysdale said...

Haha. This post cracked me up for some reason. I love that Mike "started early" this year - yea, know to get it nice and full. Good luck, Mike!

What's up with the Walkers! said...

How cool! How did you ever get that gig? Sounds like tons of fun:)

kelleen said...

You guys did such a great job last year--can't wait to see it again! I love those pics! What a special memory for your family to share in, though I have to say I share your feelings about facial hair!!!

Emily Green said...

That sounds like it would be such an awesome experience! Those are great pictures. They really go all out!