Friday, December 18, 2009

Miracle of Christmas


I know that I posted this same collage some time ago but it's all I have. I wanted to post this as a reminder to all who live in this area to COME and invite all your friends, neighbors, co-workers, etc. to "The Miracle of Christmas-a live nativity pageant at the Zoo!!! It is an amazing event that will touch your hearts and remind us all of the TRUE meaning of this beautiful holiday which we celebrate.
We had rehearsal last night and I was once again reminded of the beauty of our dear Saviors birth. My sister once bore her testimony at Christmas time, in seminary, and included her love of Mary-the mother of our Savior and that has always stayed with me. Last year, while doing this pageant my love and gratitude grew 10 fold for that sweet mother. Then, this year I actually get to ride the donkey and got to do so last night. Our first walk through almost brought me to tears, and as I write this and remember last night,  the tears are actually coming. Has anyone ever ridden a donkey?! Have you done it pregnant? Well, I had a fake belly and layers of clothes and let me say-it isn't so comfortable. I can't imagine being 9 months pregnant-or in labor -and being swayed back and forth on that animal! :)
 Oh, how I love how humble a birth our Savior had. I love Him and I am grateful for His supreme example and perfection. I am grateful for his mother, Mary, who too sacrificed so much as well as her dear husband Joseph. I can testify, and do so now,  that our Savior lives and because of His birth, life and death we are able to enoy the rich blessings of this earth and be able to return to live with Him , our Father in Heaven, and our families. May we all take the time this year to relfect upon the miracle that Christmas truly is and give thanks for our Savior because without Him, we would be and have nothing. May you all have a very Merry Christmas!


Miracle of Christmas schedule:
Metro Richmond Zoo
Monday-Wendesay, December 21-23
shows are at 7:00pm, 7:45pm, 8:30pm
(gates open at 6:15pm)

Free Admision and Parking!

1 comment:

kelleen said...

Thanks you for your sweet Christmas testimony--I just love ya girl!