Monday, April 12, 2010

firsts...

This weekend was a weekend of firsts for this family. To start it off we headed out for our first garage sale trip of the season. We haven't done much out here because the prices people put on stuff out here is cuh-razy, to the point where I was uncomfortable negotiating because I would be asking for them come WAY down. We got lucky this weekend though and made out like bandits-our best being a FAB-U-LOUS train table in GREAT condition for $10 and my love of the trip was and old vintage style suitcase for $2...oh yeah.

The next first came for little miss Maddie. Her first time on roller skates (which we got from a sale as well)! She thought she was pretty cool, to say the least.




And the next first would be Mr. Man, Patrick, he slept in a big boy bed!!! (tear, tear) It couldn't have gone more smoothly; he didn't even attempt getting out of bed. We are so proud of him. Now he will try potty training this week. I attempted a while ago but I had to much going on to focus on him so I gave up. He did go on it I just "didn't have time" So, wish us luck!

(yes, i need to take off the old crib skirt-it doesn't match-i'll get there)



Oh, and this isn't a first but I don't want to do another post so...
Our church has a basketball tournament each year and I played with the women and we came in 3rd! We did really good considering we never had a practice. It was tons of fun and a great exercise. Saturday was our last game and let me tell you, it was a tough game-I have lots of bruises to prove it!



1 comment:

Reddington Clan said...

I hope you don't mind if I steal those basketball photos and then repost them on my blog. It definitely was a first for me! I hope your run went well this morning. Mine was no fun.