Sunday, November 7, 2010

Giving Thanks...


Tonight, we were driving home from a friend's house when I realized my "giving thanks" part of my day.
Today it was music.

Maddie says, "Mom, I am going to sing Mikinlee a song so she won't be scared of the skunk, okay?"
Me, "Okay." (thinking this would happen at home while she could be next to my belly) We had been talking about skunks pretty much the whole way home because I made the mistake of saying I smelled it in the air.
 So, I say okay and this is what we hear 2 seconds later...

"Oh me child of God. And he has sent me here.
Has given me an earthwy home, with parents kind and dear. Wead me, guide me, walk beside me.
Help me find the way. Teach me aw that I must do, to wive with Him someday."

"Mom, now Mikinlee won't be scared of the skunk."

Talk about adorable and the sweet spirit and happiness that filled that van. She loves that song, both kids do. It even cuter because she still cannot say her "L's" and she always sings "Oh me Child of God" instead of "I Am a Child of God".

I am grateful for music today and the sweet peace it brings that even a child can feel.


No comments: