Monday, November 22, 2010

Giving Thanks...



So for Sunday my thanks goes to an amazingly helpful husband. I give thanks that he is so supportive of me and the things I am doing/going through. I have had some callings in the past few years that have required him to pretty much take charge of the kids at church-which isn't so easy as many of you know. He does it without complaint and I can't thank him enough for that. Also, yesterday, he helped me so much by just being...well, him. I had a rough "pregnancy" day, lots of pain and contractions (some real, most not) and he let me rest and made dinner and cleaned the kitchen and then just sat by me that evening as we flipped through channels finding nothing worth while of watching...until the new "Palin" reality show came on. It was pretty amusing and we enjoyed the time together. I thank Heavenly Father everyday for him and for the great man that he is-and for his sweet dad that taught him to be so great/patient to women. Thank you and I love you!

Today I give thanks for...

yummy cookies.

We drove home from church yesterday and I was craving sweets. So we got home and I made the yummiest cookie recipe I have. Yummy and easy!

So, I will share it with you.
I got it from the site...
popularcookierecipes.com

3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1cup butter (this is why they are so good!)
1 large egg
2 /14 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (we have substituted with white choc. chips and baking reeses pieces-yum)
*if desired, 1 cup chopped pecans (we don't do these)

Preheat oven to 375*. Mix sugar, brown sugar, butter and egg in a large bowl BY HAND. Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt. The douch will be stiff. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet, Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly brown. The centers will be soft. Let cool for one minute then remove from cookie sheet and place on wire rack to finish cooling.
*do not use mixer or they get more fluffy and thick-not as good.*

*with our particular oven, which usually bakes faster, we played with this recipe until we found that 9.5-10 minutes works the best-they are incredibly soft and chewy-so play with yours until you find the time you like the best!*




No comments: