Thursday, May 13, 2010

a race for the cure

As posted a little bit ago, I had been "training" for the Susan G. Komen 5k race, which was held this past weekend. It went pretty good. I wish I hadn't timed myself, it was kind of pointless-there were over 9,000 participants and the whole first mile it was pretty difficult to run a pace or find my groove. So, it threw me off a bit. Overall, it was a pretty good race. I was proud to be out there for such a great cause. I did get emotional a couple times seeing shirts that were "in memory of..." that was so sad. But, to see survivors made it amazing. What heros they all are to me, survivors and not-thank you for your endurance and example.



Pre-race pic with Amelia...who is an awesome runner.

A small chunk of the thousands

A kind of scary-post race pic. (scary of me, not you Amelia)



 I look forward to doing it again next year!

5 comments:

Lisa R said...

You look good even when you are sweating!!! I just ran my first 5k and I was so intimidated by everyone passing me by. I hate to loose. I am sure your time was way better than mine, lol! And, you have the right perspective remembering what the race is all about :)

kelie said...

Careful, races can get addicting! Matt hates when I do races. He thinks it's fundamentally wrong to have to pay to run! I try and tell him that it's for a good cause though! Looks like you had a good time.

kelleen said...

Amazing lady!!!

Build It,Sew It,Love It said...

Way to go on the race!!! That is my favorite race to run. Glad you ladies had such a rock'n time!

Hendry Happenings said...

I have not had time to do much blog checking lately, but I decided to treat myself. Your blog put a big smile on my face. Love your kiddos!