Monday, November 15, 2010

Giving Thanks...and some name things


Today I am thankful for...
 crazy funny kids.

Maddie started running around the kitchen saying she was getting exercise. She asked if I would put in my exercise show for to do. So, I did and she and Patrick are in the living room busting a move to Turbo Jam as I write. I wish I could get it on camera but it's dead and we have no extra batteries currently. It is hilarious though and I am loving that they know exercise is good. Maddie had to go and get towels and they both had to get their tennis shoes on...because "that is what all the people have in the show." :)

Too cute!


As for the name of this baby...
thank you for all your thoughts and input. Nothing was clarified but you can pretty much scratch ALL those previous spellings off of the list. Apparently the "ee" is NOT a big hit so that's a no go (and would have been anyway, Mike really didn't like it). And also, everyone seems to want to say "My-kin"...with the "Mi" spelling. I was just going for the "Mi" with the other "i" sound (like Mick) rather than a "Muh" sound with the "Ma" spelling.
Wow, I sound so ridiculous.
All in all, we want people to be able to say her name without her having to correct them, at least the majority of the time.

So...
we have a couple of ideas (literally a couple) and it will be published when she gets here!
Thanks for your help again!


1 comment:

Natalie said...

Cute name...however you choose to spell it. You are getting so close to your due date! (I'll admit I'm a little bit jealous)