Sunday, February 28, 2016

Relax and Roll with it...


Have you ever felt like you are stuck?

We have felt like that for some time. Trying and trying to figure out what path is going to open up and be the one we down. Constantly going with the flow as each thing we try leads to a dead end. It's been exhausting, honestly. The last few days I have found myself telling the Lord that we just needed something to open up, either the job or the house selling. We just need something. So, I found myself saying that again this morning as I was driving to my morning meetings and having my chat with the Lord. I got to the church and my phone buzzes, alerting me of a text. It was our realtor. "Good morning we have an offer on your house. May I call you after church to review?"

Heart sinks, mind blurs and my prayer was answered...just not quite the way I had hoped.

Prayer is an interesting thing. The whole, aligning our will with the Lord's and still expressing the desires of your heart is the trickiest part. We will go where we need to go and do what we need to do if that's what He wants. I would be lying though if I said I was always initially happy about answers to prayers. So, I now pray for a softened and willing heart and the ability to appreciate that He sees more than I do. I know, 100%, that no matter how hard His way seems, it is absolutely the best way.

P.S. How cute is this girl? Sadly, she got in trouble first and then I decided to snap a picture. Sometimes we just need to relax and roll with it. :)


No comments: